Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Fall Puyallup Fair

The one tradition we have as a family, longer than any other, is the fall Puyallup Fair. I debated whether or not to go, hugely pregnant, but my friend's son plays guitar and vocals in the band Society's Voice, and I wanted to catch their last performance, the next to last day in late September.

The Fair has so many different options. This time we seemed to gravitate towards the animals and rides. Lauren and Riley (Nate was gone) where so into the animals. Seriously, they could of stayed quietly for hours looking at goats, cows, pigs etc.
milking Ol' Bessy


I suppose to balance this off, they wanted to go on some extreme rides, most which they've never been on!
Though Lauren insisted she wasn't scared, she wanted to go on the Haunted Pirate ride. She did come out covering her eyes!
Riley wanted to try out the Mad Mouse, my favorite ride as a kid. It's a smaller, but tall, metal coaster where you seriously feel that you'll fall off the edge at multiple times. Here is his before and after picture. Brian had fun too!
The scariest part, for my anyway, is my baby girl very much wanting to ride the giant swings. Mind you, she is tall enough, though only 4 years old. And these swing up very high, and wide, spinning fast, with only a metal bar across the torso and chain between the legs to keep her in. I tried to hide my terror, smiled and took deep breaths. Though once it began moving, I started crying a bit and had to hold on to Brian for support. She of course LOVED it and was jumping up and down once off.
Guess Lauren is so over the tamer KidVille area.

No comments:

Post a Comment