Monday, December 6, 2010

Yes, I am a Sounders FC fan!

I LOVE SOCCER! Call it futbol, footbul, football, whatever. It's the only sport that I both follow and love to participate in. I enjoyed it when I was younger, but there were no teams available and my parents, not being the 'sport' type (except for my Dad and American football), didn't encourage me. I did have one great moment at a family reunion where I beat both of my male older cousings:) In highschool, I played tennis instead, which I like to play, but don't follow.

I enjoy watching my kids play. All three have played on teams but Nate is the only continuer this fall. Still it's the pros that really get the heart pumping. It's hard to be pregnant and a soccer fan, terrible morning sickness kept me away from the Sounders most the season. Fortunately, we were able to watch a match in late May.

Seattle Sounders FC vs San Jose Earthquakes
QWEST FIELF
Saturday, May 22, 2010 12:00pm
Section 116 Row: MM Seats: 4,5,6,7

We took the Sounders train from the T-Dome station to Qwest field. It was a few more $$$, but SO worth it!





We bought tickets as a group with Nate's soccer team, Avanti United FC. It's always great for him to spend time with soccer mates outside of games and practices, but go figure. The kid that was into the game most was Lauren! She did all the cheers, booed, screamed, jumped up and down, the whole nine!






This day we played San Jose and lost 0-1. But despite that, had an over all great time with our Jones sodas and garlic fries.


Hopefully the 2011 season will be better for my beloved Sounders!

No comments:

Post a Comment