Saturday, December 4, 2010

Ye Ol' Rein Faire

Okay, do you have those events that you see and say "I go someday" and never get around to it? I went to a few Renaissance Faire's with my pal Amanda in HS and sworn to take the kids one day, never to follow through.

So finally, in early August, I took the fam to the Washington Renaissance Faire in Buckley.

The boys went straight to chess and played a game.


Lauren played all these old fashioned games with this quirky lady names Mimsy, getting candy at the end.


A big highlight was the boffer sword fights hosted by the Tacoma Game Matrix. It was only $2 for 2 rounds and the boys got to experience their first real fight.


One of my favorite activities to partake of during these type of festivals is the food, and did we eat! We ended this feast at the Dragon's Breath Inn where we got real rootbeer. It came in 4 different flavors and I can say I never had REAL rootbeer until that moment. Riley, who's favorite drink this is, was in high heaven.


We also got to see the presentation of the royal court and I swear, the queen took my breath away, she was gorgeous! At the end Riley and Lauren were thrilled to get honorary knight and ladyship from the Queen and her court. I only got a video of this, and it won't load. But so cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment