Saturday, October 15, 2011

Welcome Sweet Adelia Jolyn

Once in that semi sideways position, things went so fast. Kay had me feel her head, which seemed like a big blob of mucus to me and not very reassuring. I tried hard to not push but take deep exhaling expansionary breaths that I learned in training. Though I stopped listening to my body and continued to do this even when I wasn’t contracting. I appreciate Kay calming me down once by saying that I should breathe my baby out, just like I learned. I forgot that she was a registered birthing hypnotist.
The ring of fire came but didn’t seem as intense or long as before. Surprisingly once Adelia’s head
came out, her shoulders presented an equal challenge. But, the flick of a switch, and the oddest sensation that one can only know if they’ve had a huge mass suddenly exit their body. December 30, 2010 at 6:20 am Adelia joined our world and labor was over 2 hours and 20 minutes after I arrived at the hospital. Thank you Jesus for our wonderful girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment