Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Spring Fair

Lauren and I were supposed to go to the Puyallup Spring fair on Friday with friends, but the weather was not cooperative (which turned out to be a good thing, found out from my doctor a few hours later, I had strep throat :(. But Sunday after Riley's God and Family class at 3pm, Brian was working overtime and I felt the fair itch. So dispite a huge headache, I told the boys that we would go. I'm so glad we did! It's the first time that the fair got rid of my headache. Though we only had a few hours, we did so much.

GAMES
They each got to play one game, Lauren got her penguin (medium prize, I'm so proud!)

Riley got a sword from the strong man hammer game (so glad each person playing wins). Poor Nate tried and tried, and everytime got SO close to a perfect shot.

RIDES

Nate wasn't into the rides that day, but Riley wanted to go on something big, so all by himself, he actually went on El Nino, which spins you round and round while upside down!

Together Lauren and Riley went on the kiddie rollar coaster. She was fine until the 4th time around then my poor baby started crying to get off.

After that she wanted the much more mellow canoe ride.

And I'm so proud she went on her first off the ground ride, the hot-air balloons, all by herself! She actually really loved it but it was weird to see someome so small by herself.

All three kids went in the mirrored fun house, and I was surprized that each kid really had fun in there!
We also ate scones, elephant ears and my favorite, bull chip cookies. At the end we stopped by the Pavillion and saw Dan, the Lego Man whom I have known for at least 5 years (he used to have a shop in my mall, so we'd talk at least once a week).
On the way out, while the fair was closing, we went by the reptile exhibit, which I wish we would of visited an hour before, it was so cool! They had a giant tortise, yes the alligator is real and walking around, a giant mccaw, lots of snakes and of course the taurantula! It's okay Nate, Mom is perfectly okay standing 10 feet away.

2 comments:

  1. It looks like you had so much fun. I LOVE the fair and I love reptiles. I wish we could have gone this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking at these photos makes me sad that we didn't do the fair this year. (we didn't do Sept ether)

    ReplyDelete