Saturday, April 4, 2009

Daffodils & Sunshine

Today we went to the Daffodil Parade in downtown Tacoma where we ended up sitting at 14th and Pacific. My little sis Jennifer and her Bo Cameron were able to join us, I can't believe he grew up here but has never been!
So Riley loved it dancing and cheering, Lauren took awhile and slowly warmed up like she does every year.

Bri and Ri waiting for the parade to begin
Cameron and Jen with Lauren who is not liking the loud motorcycles in the start

We tried to get her to have a good time despite the noise.
Tully's and no smiles

More sparkley, fun things, no smiles

Finally...
Pretty girly floats = huge smiles!








Riley was growling at the pirates, cheering with the bands and after several attempts with the military, got a ship's captain to salute back (he's in the pic right before saluting). Hey, he's in uniform, right?!

We even saw people we knew in it. Below Aaron A is waving and his parents are on this float (we're in Cub Scouts together) with Tiger Den Leader Courtney. And of course, my high school, and favorite Vikings, Curtis. Even ran into Genevieve from group.

What a sunny, festive parade. Our yearly family tradition continues!

2 comments:

  1. I have never gone to the parade. It looks like a lot of fun though. I had to drive around it to get to Coby's basketball game, on MLK Drive, and I was wondering what the heck was going on. Now I know I was missing out. Darn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's totally fun, we go every year, rain or shine. They have some killer floats!

    ReplyDelete